A rambling white house. An unopened letter. A young woman in need of a miracle.
Halstad House offers more than lodgings and a good meal to boarders. In the aftermath of World War I, the boarding house gives Grace Halstad a way to drown her heartache in never-ending work. Seeds of bitterness have grown in her heart, but as much as she tries to shut Him out, the Lord is not giving up on her.
Torn between the past and the future, in the wake of shattered dreams, can Grace risk opening her heart again?
Poignant. Sweet. Positively delightful. Halstad House is one of those books that invites you into the story and makes you feel like you're friends with the characters. Whether you're laughing at Allie's latest capers or empathizing with Grace's journey toward restoration, Halstad House is sure to touch your heart.
Gretchen Louise, blogger and avid reader
Chautona Havig, author
Karen Cleghorn, retired medical editor and avid reader
Linda Jo Reed, author
Featured Around the Web:
- Carmen Peone: an interview with Christy Martenson
- Chautona Havig: 3 Reasons I’m Thankful for This New Release
- Gretchen Louise: Poignant. Sweet. Positively delightful.
- Linda Jo Reed: Lovely historical fiction.
- Gretchen Louise: The Best Inspirational Historical Fiction About America in the 1920s & 1930s