A rambling white house. An unopened letter. A young woman in need of a miracle.
Halstad House offers more than lodgings and a good meal to boarders. In the aftermath of World War I, the boarding house gives Grace Halstad a way to drown her heartache in never-ending work. Seeds of bitterness have grown in her heart, but as much as she tries to shut Him out, the Lord is not giving up on her.
Torn between the past and the future, in the wake of shattered dreams, can Grace risk opening her heart again?
Stephanie Owens, library director and an avid reader
Linda Jo Reed, author
Rachelle Baumann, homeschool mom and avid reader
Carmen Peone, award-winning author
Featured Around the Web:
- Carmen Peone: an interview with Christy Martenson
- Chautona Havig: 3 Reasons I’m Thankful for This New Release
- Gretchen Louise: Poignant. Sweet. Positively delightful.
- Linda Jo Reed: Lovely historical fiction.
- Gretchen Louise: The Best Inspirational Historical Fiction About America in the 1920s & 1930s